- Partnerships take a long time to evolve – they are not short term interventions to be lightly invested in.
- Internal partnerships / interactions are just as important as interactions with customers, but normally taken for granted.
- Many people are involved in a partnership from both sides – working the network is a critical success criteria.
- Partnerships are hard work! Many assumptions are held by both ‘sides’ about how partnerships should work.
- Working in partnership within an organisation is critical to gaining input and momentum.
- Partnerships are personal; if a relationship isn’t in place, it is very difficult to work together.
- Everyone seems to have their own definition of what partnership is – it can mean sponsorship.
So what attributes does a successful partnership have and what does a sucessful partneship manager do?